Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Mini Mug Chocolate Cake


Okay - so the first time I tried this it was HORRIBLE.  It was dry, bland and made me sad that I wasted some of my shake mix on it - BUT - I decided to give it another try and tweek some of the ingredients and cooking time.

First - every microwave is different. (notice how they do not tell you how long to nuke it?)  I went for 90 seconds and it had the consistency of really dry stale french bread!  The next time, I went for 70 seconds and it was much better.  The third time - I cooked it for 65 seconds and I believe it had a bit more batter because of what I chose to add to it and to me - it was perfect....so test out your microwave and see what works best for you.

The recipe - as stated in the picture is just not tasty enough for me.  I found that by adding 1/8 tsp of salt, 2 packets of Stevia and then some more flavoring worked.  I love cinnamon - so 1 full Tablespoon of that went into the recipe and I also liked putting in 1 Tablespoon of PB2 (powdered peanut butter)  After it is cooked, I sprinkle 1/2 packet of Stevia over the top and just a pinch more salt.  I was really happy with this. 

Other options:
1.  Use small amount of chopped nuts, 
2.  Use other favorite spices, 
3.  Using only chocolate shake mix instead of mixing chocolate and vanilla

This can work in many ways.  As the recipe is, it can be an alternative to a morning or afternoon shake.  Cut the shake mix amount in half and you can use this as a snack.  I found it to be very filling and satisfying 




No comments:

Post a Comment